January 12, 2011

Rumors of My Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

So I'm alive, I survived the chaos storm that is the retail holiday and my birthday, I'm sorry I've abandoned this for so long. I should have figured out how to do the automatic update, but I'm sorry I was just too exhausted to.

Anyway, this entry is unfortunately a bit of a rant.

We've all seen the funny/blatantly copied and pasted messages I get, but sometimes I get stuff that's unpleasant to say the least. For example, the two comments that were left on a note I posted about my Enneagram test results were completely rude. I scored as a type 8 personality according to this test, and because it seems to describe me so well, I posted it up. Here's the comments that were left.

"Eights write posts that no one gives a flying fuck about."

"You are more like a 3 who could be a 4 if she dropped 30lbs."


Now why these "gentlemen" chose to comment at all is beyond me. This is the classic internet forum type of troll, the type who are just out to say the meanest, nasty thing that they could possibly say to another human being. These are your 4channers, people who hide behind being anonymous so that they can get away with saying such nasty comments. In real life these people wouldn't have the balls to speak up.

However it irks me greatly when people do stuff like this. I really don't give a damn about what they think, it's not like I was ever going to sleep with them or that they meant anything to me, but I've lost track of how many times I've been called names and told other crude things when I turn someone down. I mean do girls really talk to these ass hats after they get called a slut because they won't sleep with them?

Here's an old troll message that's always bothered me:

"hey girl, one question for you....who hit you with the ugly stick?"

I mean is there some new fetish developing for getting negative reactions out of people? This gentleman in particular I sent a message back to calling him a disgrace of his generation (he was 59, I was 19 at the time) and thanking me for giving me so much hope about the future. But I'm not the only one who's gotten messages like this, we've even all seen the forum posts from people who are nothing but nasty to others for no reason at all. I just don't get it, what's the point? Do guys think that by lowering a girl's self esteem that she'll suddenly want to sleep with them? Why do people go out of the way? I never understood bullying, albeit I was the victim of it my entire school career. What's the point? I'm not asking us to all get a long, but why do people go out of their way to say something mean to a total stranger?

I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea, just as everyone isn't mine. But damned if I'm going to go out of my way to be mean to anyone, I don't have time for that nor do I see the point.

1 comment:

  1. This is the reason that people like me exist: to bring pain and discomfort to those who would abuse and hurt others. It is my job and I enjoy it. A lot. I'd do it for free if I didn't get paid a large amount of money to do it.

    ReplyDelete