November 20, 2010

(No Subject) III aka "burlesk"

When this one showed up in my inbox, I both cringed, laughed, and felt flattered.

"hey beautiful. i was wondering if you did any burlesk shows. i love them and to tell the truth you look your would be the type. im not saying that it as a bad thing. im not looking just for sex. im looking for a someone to go out and do something with. if what i have to say sounds good to you just give me a holler and maybe we can get to know one another."

Now, as a friend of burlesque performers, I cringed at the butchered spelling. I'm flattered because it's not the first time I've received a compliment like that, and compared to most of the crap I get, this one actually seems genuine.

For those of you not in the know (which if you're reading my blog, how could you not?), here's the "official" definition of burlesque.


Burlesque (as defined by Merriam Webster):
1 - a literary or dramatic work that seeks to ridicule by means of grotesque exaggeration or comic imitation
2 - mockery usually by caricature
3 - theatrical entertainment of a broadly humorous often earthy character consisting of short turns, comic skits, and sometimes striptease acts 
 
I've been sitting here trying to think up something witty, but really, I think this troll says it all for me. No extra mockery needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment